Tuesday, September 25, 2012

Blue bottle fly (Calliphora vomitoria)

This is where macro photography comes in. The pictures that reveal details, which can’t be seen with the naked eye. It gives us a glimpse into the world of the very small, which goes largely unnoticed by us as we hurriedly shuffle through our day.

While shooting macro photography, it is very rare to progress the shot you want in the very first frame. I often sequence dozen shots or more trying to get just the right angle or right position. Only macro photography is possible when the specimen cooperates. 

Occasionally I manage to catch a subject just right with the first shot. If you look at the photo you can see that the fly had its head tilted up when I took the shot. I was very close to it and it was definitely looking at me. I pressed the shutter, and then the fly was gone. But I had the shot…..............






No comments:

Post a Comment